July 31, 2011

Livin' for the weekends

Since this workin' girl was loving the weekend too much (hence my gap in posting), I wanted to recap my entire weekend in this post.  I consider success as a mixture of productivity (which includes crossing off my to-do list) and fun...and I'd say this weekend qualified as both of the above!

Friday night the boyfriend and I tried out a new restaurant, Buckhead Pizza Co.  It was pretty quiet when we got there (whoops, not until 9:30 pm) but the pizza was delish and the atmosphere was fun with a live, hits-playin' band.  Wait wait wait. Let me back track.  The reason we even ventured to this new joint was because of a little thing I like to call "deals."  Some people know it as "coupons."  My favorite deal-making site is Half Off Depot (almost synonymous to Groupon but I think it's got a better selection and way better..."deals!").  People, if you live in a big city, check. this. out.  You pay around 60% less for a gift card to the select companies, no exclusions.  Example, I paid $10 for a $25 gift card to this restaurant.  Bingo!

Buckhead Pizza Co. Yum yum!
I'm continuing the sprucing up of my apartment with some extra touches like my cute little plant.  Brainstorming a name for her....any thoughts?  The lady who sold her to me said "she purifies the air" but after further thinking about that, I decided that, don't ALL plants "purify the air?"
My new orchid!
Nameless plant.  Help?
  
On Saturday night, we branched out and went to Club Opera.  Talk about a fun/crazy time!  LMFAO played and we got really close.  I had to pinch myself to remind me I was in Atlanta, not Vegas.  They put on a great show...and that was even AFTER the opened for Kei$ha the same night.
This IS an actual picture.  It was taken when the fog machines at Club Opera sprayed.   Sorry, but when my sight is inhibited for a total of 5 seconds in the middle of hundreds of inebriated strangers, it freaks me out just a little.  Still--really cool.
LMFAO "party rockin in the club tonight."

View from the floor!
This weekend would have been perfection minus a small little detail called ANT ATTACK! Don't worry, the bug man is coming in the morning, shew!
Turns out, 409 works just as well as bug spray ;)

Speaking of attacks, who's watching Shark Week this week?  I usually have it on in the background but it doesn't really catch my attention for long periods of time.  Is that weird?  I get the hint EVERYONE but myself is extremely obsessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment