August 28, 2011

Shocking Saturday!

Hey everyone!  I wanted to talk about some shocking events from my Saturday.

Shocker Number one: The amount of money we saved!!
  My mom and grandma came to visit (yay!!) which means a couple of things but mostly: watch out deals, we are going to find you!  And that we did.  After a great dinner on Friday night [my favorite-Cheesecake Factory], we were ready to hit up almost every store in Buckhead.  Three generations of bargain hunters...some damage is about to be done!

They have trained me well.  Just as they have said to their husbands, I now say to my boyfriend: "It's not how much you spend, it's how much you save.  

Here's a little example from just one of our stops on our excursion:
Ladies and gentlemen, that is $754 that we saved!  
A few of the items we got along some of our other stops for [of course] great bargains:
New decorations for my work desk.

Coffee table centerpiece: $5 wooden balls & $5 metal tray.  Love.
Shocker Number Two:  [Warning: This will make your stomach turn]  What my boyfriend found in his cous cous at Saturday night's dinner outting:

That. Is. A. Bandaid.  OMG.  Not. Okay.

Ya'll..this was a really nice, popular restaurant in Buckhead and this bandaid was at the bottom of his bowl and Boyfriend picked it up by accident with his fork.  Yikes!  We were mortified!  Our meal was free, to say the least.  The manager handled things the best he could, I suppose, with $75 gift card to us and fired the kitchen worker on the spot.  Still...wow! I'm not sure what worse you could find in your food?


Well, I hope everyone had a great weekend!  Any shockers happen to anyone else??

4 comments:

  1. OMG. I was so shocked by the money that you saved, and then BAM - a BAND AID? Even with a $75 gift certificate I don't think I could go back after that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how gross! Looks like yall had a successful shopping day tho! Thanks for stopping by my blog.. I'm a little late catching up on my blogging! I'm following you now girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. I never understand when restaurants give gift cards after you find something gross in the food. I don't think I could ever go back after that kind of trauma. lol & Where on earth did you shop?! Those savings are crazy!

    ReplyDelete