August 22, 2011

Two New Recipes!

My roommate is amazing in general but one of her very best assets is cooking!  She introduced me to this coconut banana bread recipe and we made three, yes three, loaves this weekend!  It's weird because I really don't like bananas.  Or coconut...at all.  But this recipe is so moist and I think both of these ingredients just make the flavor pop more, but not too banana-ie or coconut-ie at all.

Note: We did not do the lime glaze and it still delicious!

So moist!

One loaf for us and two loaves to give away!


Also tonight I tried out a new recipe I found from Gina's Skinny Recipes. I love anything I can put cheese and sour cream on and this recipe is perfect because it is very low-fat!

Soooo easy!!

  1. Put all ingredients (which are mostly straight from cans)  in crock pot and place raw chicken breasts on top.  Turn on high heat for 6 hours (or low heat for 10 hours if you have a long day at work).  
  2. Simply shred chicken and mix shredded chicken into ingredients 30 minutes before serving!
  3. Serve with yummy condiments.  We did it with rice but next time I would just stick with lettuce, sour cream and cheese.
What it looks like in the morning and then...

What it looks like when served!  DELISH!


No comments:

Post a Comment