August 17, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday

What I'm Loving Wednesday!
Today's "what I'm loving" post, which mostly includes luxuries we in America take for granted, comes with guilt as the Somalia famine gets worse and worse.  I have been on several mission trips to Latin America and have seen extreme hunger but reading and hearing about Somalia brings a whole new meaning to suffering!  I hope everyone will keep the victims of this famine in their hearts and prayers!

This week I am going through some crazy career changes (more to come on this later) and I am so thankful for some time off to get everything done.  Who knew that moving to another state meant hours upon hours of trips to tax offices/driver services.  Let's just say, I have learned a lot!  If you're like me, you have been fortunate enough to have some amazing parents in your life who have taken care of these "necessities" and you have taken it for granted...well, not anymore!  This week, I have taken the time to enjoy some simple things in life:

I'm loving...HGTV.  That's right, good ol' HGTV.  I've always been a fan but recently haven't watched it much.  However, this week I've really been using these shows as inspiration.  Anyone else addicted and what are your favorite shows?  Although Candice Olson (from "Divine Designs") severely gets on my nerves, I absolutely LOVE her designs, and they truly are "divine."  Each show, it looks like the finished project is straight out of a magazine and I've never seen one room that I don't absolutely adore!  For all of these home makeover shows, I am so curious to know how much the homeowners contribute, financially.  Anyone know?!  On the HGTV website it states "all applicants must have outgoing personalities, be willing to appear on TV, and be ready to pitch in financially and physically to get the job done" but that is still a bit ambiguous, haha.  Here are some of my favorite Divine Designs:



I'm loving...e.l.f. makeup brush cleaner.  Turtles and Pearls introduced me to the e.l.f. line and I'm so thankful!  I got this at Target and it was only $3!  It is an antibacterial cleaner and doesn't make your expensive brush funky after it dries!


I'm loving...that tomorrow the boyfriend and I are heading to the Braves game!  I'm so excited just to get to spend some quality time and, of course, eat some baseball food.  He has been working until 9p.m. or later EVERY day but he promised he would be home by 6 to make the 7:10 game.  Fingers crossed!



I'm loving...dulce de leche ice cream by Publix.  It is caramel with caramel stripes.  Yum, yum, yum!  Ordinarily I'm not one to love caramel but oh boy, what's not to love about this?  If you like rich tastes, this is for you!

I'm loving...that this week the weather has cooled off some!  Granite, it is still high 80's but that is 10 degrees cooler than last week!  It is actually possible to walk outside without breaking a sweat!

Excited to see Eclectically E tonight on our "fast walk" around Peachtree Rd!  Honk if you see us sweatin' it out :)

7 comments:

  1. what a great list and you are correct we have SO many things to be thankful for, definitely need to keep a list so close whenever i am feeling sorry for myself. baseball games are always fun, enjoy the game! i love HGTV too it is on a lot in my house

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing of these ELF products all around the blog world. Must check out!

    Just discovering you via WILW and love your blog! have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome you are going to a Braves game, I want to go to one someday!! Such a fun summer thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm obsessed with HGTV and I love that bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun loves this week! And I'm jealous about your Braves game outing...I've never been but my roomie goes ALL the time! Have tons of fun with your bf! And send some of that ice cream my way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That kitchen and bedroom are to DIE for! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg. i could live in that first photo. thanks for another amazing post. Would love if you'd check out my Fash Fave and Fash Fail for the week and see pictures from my Rachel Zoe encounter. xoxo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete