August 11, 2011

A Clemson Memoir

 
 "There is something in these hills." 
-Thomas Green Clemson

That's right, I am 100% a Clemson tiger and I'm headed up that way this weekend!  I miss that place, so much.

I truly had an amazing experience there; from academics, to friendships, Clemson shaped who I am today.  I was one of those "over achievers" and most people that knew me in college can attest to that.  Was anybody else that way in college?  I remember sleepless nights and not even from school work, from organizing a meeting or doing a project for one of the many clubs I was in.  I did almost EVERY type of society including:
  • Senate (goodness, what was I doing dabbling in politics)
  • President of Clemson Philanthropy Club
  • Delta Zeta Sorority (Dance Chair, Parliamentarian, Colonnade)
  • Lots of honors societies-won't bore you here
  • Clemson LiVE, an event planning society
  • Public Relations Student Society of America
As everyone starts to go back to school, I want to continue to relive those days so here's to some of my favorite memories at Clemson:

From freshman move in day with Eclectically E... (check out our bare dorm!)

To some CRAZY (and you know exactly what I'm talking about) frat parties...

While pledging a sorority...

And making life long friends from your freshman hall... (picture taken on last night of freshman year) Still talk to each of them.

Then moving onto the hall with my new roommate (soon to be best friend)...

And some unexpected surprises and blessings....
To serving my school...

between sorority functions with new roommates...

And of course turning twenty one....

and making life long friendships....

Then meeting my new boyfriend and cheering on the tigers together...

And riding on the Homecoming float at half time...

And finally graduation day....

It was an amazing purple and orange ride I will never forget!  
GO TIGERS!!

    2 comments:

    1. What a trip down memory lane!! Have so much fun this weekend, and say hello to Clemson for me! Homesick for that place.

      Let's also decide on trips to make during football season! xoxo

      ReplyDelete
    2. Aw sounds like you had a great time in college!

      ReplyDelete