August 4, 2011

Organization makes me happy.


I came across an older blog entry from A Bowl Full of Lemons that really made me think about how much organization plays into my life. [And how much I love it!]

I organize my thoughts.
My plans.
My people.
My budget.
My toiletries.
My to-do list.
My to-buy list.
My emails.
Oh yes, I have an ongoing list at all times for "what to buy" and for "what to do."  
Just a small segment of my email folders.

If you must ask...
I also have an ongoing list of present ideas for the loved ones in my life as well.   Let's face it--how many times have you seen something totally perfect for your mom/dad/uncle/sister-in-law but, then their birthday or Christmas comes around 6 months later and you can't think of what to get your mom/dad/uncle/sister-in-law .  Awful feeling!


Making lists and obsessing about organization is the lifestyle that I love love love.  There is nothing better than putting entries into my agenda or that feeling of crossing items off my "to do" list.  Every night I re-write it and think of how much I accomplished.  Does anyone think this is sad?  I can definitely understand why you would :)


A Bowl Full of Lemon's challenge was to record my schedule each week and to take time each day to figure out what I want to get accomplished.  I believe in this 100% and will continue to do this for a sane lifestyle!

My agenda for this week
Aug 1 - Aug 7
  1. Monday - Work, Grocery shop, Bachelorette with Eclectically E
  2. Tuesday - Work, Gym, Cook fajitas for the boyfriend
  3. Wednesday - Work, Gym, Walmart trip (yikes)
  4. Thursday - Work, Pack & pay bills, get to bed early
  5. Friday - Work, leave and drive straight to Columbia (boyfriend's parents' house)
  6. Saturday- Lake Murray!  Around 9 p.m., go to my house
  7. Sunday - Church, family time, drive back to Atlanta, celebrate 1 year anniversary!
GENIUS:
I came across this amazing idea from eighteen25 blog to turn you boring to-do list (specifically your around-the-house to-do list since it can't go with ya!) into a decorative piece of art! Just take a regular frame and  print out your own, customized to-do list sheet with lines and insert inside the glass (or go to the link and download theirs).  Then, write on the glass with a dry erase marker and erase when you want to start over!  Stay tuned for my rendition of the at-home to-do list!
I could go on forever about organization.  What fun tips do you have for organizing?

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! Love that quote. I bought my E.L.F. stuff from Target! Love that place. xo

    ReplyDelete