August 12, 2011

Workin' on my Fitness

Maybe I should have written this post at the BEGINNING of the summer before bikini season but better late than never, right?
I'm going to try this at home.  I think the counting down thing would really help me get through it easy!

 Sidenote: Ever notice when you start to lose your tan you're automatically thinking *I have got to get to the gym*?  There is something about tan skin that makes your body look better even on fat days [magic?] but when that starts to wear away, boy oh boy, I'm back to feeling flabby and have a necessity to get to the gym to get toned!  

Anyways, in honor of getting back into shape, I wanted to post a few of my workout essentials.  I have been working out for 7 years, going to a gym regularly and running outside, so I've found some of my"faves" to sweat in!

Tank top of choice: Nike Dri Fit
This tank is awesome!  It isn't tight around the belly and the fabric is so thick and the straps fit perfectly.  Built in bra included! :)

Running shoe of choice: Reebok Run Tone
So I love the way tennis shoes make girls' legs look but only about half of tennis shoes do justice for our lovely legs and these are some great ones!  Plus (as you've heard I'm sure) it claims to "tighten" the booty and hamstring.  I was very skeptical that they actually did as they claim, and purely bought them for their looks [I have the pink ones and they're super cute on the feet] but when I started to run in them, I noticed my calves were much more sore quicker!  Therefore, Reebok Run Tones---->Tone!

Water Bottle: Nalgene "On the Go"
Okay ya'll, I am super picky about this!  I take a waterbottle with me everywhere and sleep with one on my night stand.  Needless to say, I take one to the gym, too!  Sometimes I'll take a disposable water bottle, but not too often.  Hydration + Eco-friendly=Win, Win.  I have learned  there are a few aspects about water bottles that only one water bottle I've found has.  Obviously, Nalgene is one of the best brands out there because of quality but it's the "on the go" water bottle that is a must-have. 

Now I'm not too big of a fan of this one (although I had it for years in high school).  The mouth is too big and I could NEVER drink out of it without dribbling down my shirt.  Great image, right?

Neither am I a fan of THIS nalgene because you have to unhook the cap each time you want to drink. Just one more annoying step in the whole process.  Wow, I sound picky but it's true-I promise, when you drink approx. 100 sips of water a day, this makes a difference!

DING DING DING!  We have a winner.  This baby is amazing...perfect "open with one hand" and great size.  In fact, I have bought a total of six of these "on the go" bottles!  [Three for me, three for the bf...we tend to lose them! ha] ALSO, the Nalgene site has free shipping so go get yours :)


Songs:

I don't know how anyone goes to the gym without being armed with some awesome tunes!  If I forget my iPod, I call it a day and turn around.  Please please please share with me some awesome runing/cardio songs!  I am ALWAYS and forever in need of them for motivation :)  Also, leave me a comment if you'd like me to share more!  These are just a few of the songs are on my workout soundtrack right now

  1.  Come On - Tiesto (this is house music but it is great for getting pumped up!)
  2. The Time (Dirty Bit) - Black Eyed Peas
  3. Gettin' Over You - David Guetta
  4. Adagio for Strings - Tiesto
  5. S & M - Rihanna
  6. Something to Believe In - Parachute
  7. Big Things Poppin - T.I. (amazing for abs)
  8. No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame
  9. Honey Bee - Blake Shelton
  10. Fame - Naturi Naughton

Hope everyone is having a great Friday.  PS-I wore "jeggings" to work today.  Think that's taking the "jeans on Friday" thing a little overboard? Nah.. :)


2 comments:

  1. that is a great workout wish i would have had that before bikini season too! I don't like having that wide mouth of the regular nalgene bottle so the on the goes ones are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um I'm definitely going to TRY that workout idea starting... umm... next week? lol. I hate losing my tan! It does make me feel like I need to hit the gym..something I never do!

    ReplyDelete